BLANCHARD PTO OFFICERS:
Mandi Brink – President
Jessica Pattengill – Vice President
Laura Jahn – Treasurer
Ellen Tilghman – Secretary
What does the Blanchard PTO do?
You may be wondering what type of things does the Blanchard PTO do at Blanchard Elementary. Here are some of the things that the fundraisers and volunteers have supported in the last school term.
- Kindergarten caterpillar growing/butterfly release and chick hatching
- Kindergarten bus transportation to Beggs’ Family Farm and to the Missouri Conservation Department
- First grade bus transportation to the SEMO District Fair animal pavilions
- Second grade bus transportation and entry support to LeBounce Too
- Fourth grade bus transportation to St. Louis, St. Louis Arch tram tickets and spirit t-shirts for each fourth grade student and teacher
- Five Star school wide celebration of the MAP test scores
- Bounce house rental for Play Day
- Paint and supplies for repainting the playground barn and gate posts
- Bus transportation to see the movie Rio 2 and Cinderella
- MAP support snacks for third and fourth grades
- PTO notice sending and decoration supplies (paper, stickers, etc.)
- Fish tank supplies and care
- Costumes and backgrounds for music programs
- Halloween, Christmas and Valentine’s Day party games and treat bags
- Play Day equipment rentals, snacks and game supplies
- Parent Resource Room additions (books on CD, CD player, etc.)
- Clothes Closet clothing for children in need
- BackPacks For Friday program backpacks
- Chili Supper and Silent Auction preparations
- Holiday Store gifts, wrapping supplies and volunteer support
- Teacher Appreciation Week food and gifts and Parent/Teacher conference meals
- Accelerated Reading (AR) goal reward parties
- Box Top collection classroom rewards
- … and more!
It takes many hands and funds to give our children memorable experiences throughout the school year. Please consider being a volunteer and/or supporting our fund raisers so that these special events can continue to enrich the lives of our Blanchard students.
Parent involvement is an important part of our children’s scholastic career. Our parental example will help shape the adults that our children will grow up to be. The giving of a portion of our time and energy to help others is also very satisfying and enjoyable. So we ask, if possible, that the parents of our precious Blanchard students find an occasion to join the Blanchard PTO in making our children’s school years memorable. Here are some events at which you can volunteer:
- Grade level holiday parties held in the gymnasium
- Play Day
- Holiday Store student gift choosing and gift wrapping
- Restaurant share nights
- Field Trips
- Annual Chili Supper and Silent Auction
- Fund raising events
- Special school projects such as playground painting and clean-up, etc.
- Teacher appreciation food preparation
We want to thank everyone for their past and present support!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here